JOB TITLE: Executive Director of the Alabama Brewers Guild
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9/30/2017
This position is expected to implement the structure, process and financials to achieve the goals of the Alabama Brewers Guild. This position will require passion for the independent brewery segment of the beer industry. This position requires a diplomatic temperament to facilitate constructive dialogue between the three tiers of the alcohol industry and the regulatory bodies which oversees the industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Report to Board of Directors as directed, including;
- Monthly update to Board, weekly when the Alabama legislature is in session.
- Lead and direct all Board meetings
- Facilitate and guide Board elections process
- Maintain and manage a fully operational office
- Responsible for hiring personnel as the Guild grows. Responsible for management and development of staff.
- Oversight of all Guild documents, reporting requirements and various accounting/filing requirements
- Coordinate with the Guild CPA to prepare annual 990 tax return
- Maintain Guild records and files
- Maintain and manage Guild insurance and legal needs
- Responsible for all contracts with independent contractors and vendors
- Oversee and manage all database systems and records
- Oversee financial reports (budget, cash flow, balance sheet, P&L, etc.) and report to the Board on monthly basis
- Develop an annual budget in conjunction with the Finance committee and full Board.
- Meet revenue goals, budget mandates, and manage A/R and A/P to ensure timely payments of both
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current membership lists
- Responsible for growing all levels of membership
- Initiate, develop and implement fundraising programs
- Regular outreach and communication to membership including meetings and phone calls and brewery site visits.
- Develop new and desirable membership benefits
- Support Political Affairs
- Support and assist in execution of political awareness campaign including legislator and policymaker outreach, beer tastings and informational events such as the Goat Hill Crawl and Craft Brewers reception
- Develop programs, documents and initiatives that support political affairs mission
- Maintain channels of communication with various legislative contacts and/or lobbyists to keep abreast of any favorable or unfavorable legislation that may affect the Guild or its members
- Meet and communicate effectively with the Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board the goals and concerns of the Guild
- Develop the content for and issue a monthly email to membership.
- Oversee and manage web site. Update content as needed. Develop new web site content on quarterly basis.
- Member events: coordinate and execute in all elements of various association events including quarterly membership meetings
- Fundraising events: responsible for executing all current association fundraising events and developing new events to generate revenue
- Industry Development
- Interface with economic development opportunities
- Interface with the Brewers Association
- Manage annual Economic Study updates
- Develop new relationships with industry counterparts and trade associations
- Coordinate with any political action committees affiliated with or supporting the Guild’s mission
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Some experience with Quickbooks. Must be able to understand and work with financial reports and create and manage a budget.
- Must be proficient and comfortable at public speaking.
- Must have knowledge of the beer and alcohol industry including a basic understanding of the regulations governing all types of alcohol.
- Must be adept at networking. Must be comfortable meeting with and engaging with local leaders, policymakers, legislators, state officials.
- Must have proficient sales abilities
- Must have experience with sales processes, tracking and use of sales tools
- Need to be creative, innovative and enterprising to develop and lead fundraising efforts.
- Must have experience creating, maintaining and following through on sales lead programs
- Must be comfortable and adept at working with brewers, suppliers, retailers, distributors, craft beer enthusiasts and others in the industry to sell membership.
- Basic level of media experience
- Will be required to attend various Guild events and meetings throughout the state. Overnight or multiple night stays will be required from time to time. May be required to travel to occasional seminars and conferences outside the state
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid Driver’s license required.
Experience working in the craft beer industry. Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate initiative to create, develop and manage multiple projects. Will need to demonstrate initiative and provide follow-through in all areas of responsibility. Must work cooperatively with staff and Board of Directors. Must display excellent verbal and writing skills and be an excellent “people person.” Must also be able to motivate and manage employees. Positive thinker and quick learner is a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, large events and driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be occasionally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
Competitive salary, based on training and experience. The Alabama Brewers Guild offers a flexible work environment and the potential for bonus compensation.
Submit detailed resume, cover letter, salary requirements and 3 references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Women, minorities and others from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.